Head of Group Operational Risk
Job vacancy have risen within Letshego Holdings Limited,
- Main Purpose (Why does the exist)
To develop and drive the implementation of the Group Operational Risk Management Framework that sets out enterprise-level governance, policies and practices to proactively identify, assess, measure, report on, mitigate and control operational risk exposures associated with Letshego’s operations at all levels of and across the Group.
- Critical Deliverables /Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develops the group’s operational risk management framework, standards and methodology
- Partners with senior management and group leadership to set appropriate risk tolerance levels and create monitoring deliverables
- Proactively identifies operational risks and assess the adequacy of controls to manage such risks, including recommending enhanced or additional controls
- Defines and leads enterprise operational risk programs and drive the long-term roadmap for operational risk management
- Manages ad hoc projects and initiatives that enhance the control environment, and respond to regulatory/audit requests
- Produces regular operational risk briefings and presentations that summarise key metrics and operational data
- Ensures local operational, information & security risk governance frameworks are in compliance with regulatory requirements and policies
- Conducts reviews of business processes, identify risks/weaknesses, negotiate risk mitigation strategies with stakeholders and agree action plans within risk appetite.
- Keeps abreast of industry threats, trends and issues, ensuring that the group’s risk management frameworks are in line with industry and international best practice.
- Designs cyber risk policy and guidelines and managing risks associated with, unauthorised account access and cyber attacks
- Formulates the Operational Risk Monitoring Programme that is robust and based on industry practices and regulatory expectations to report on Letshego’s risk profile and reins in excessive risks/risky activities.
- Partners with Country CROs and other control functions including Internal Audit to ensure the programme alignment with minimum duplication and no material gaps in risk management (combined assurance).
- Key Performance Indicators
- Business ownership of operational risk whilst still engaging in Operational Risk Management
- Enterprise-wide assessment framework for significant current and emerging operational risks, including monitoring that actions are in place to mitigate exposure within risk appetite.
- Risk assessment procedures across the Group and reviewing corrective actions for loss incidents.
- Closure of Regulator observations on Risk Management,
- Monitoring of Early Warning Signals,
- Delivery of risk transformation initiatives
Closing Date: 10 December 2022
Application Email: email@example.com
Interested candidates should forward their applications accompanied by Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position they are applying for on the subject email: e.g. Ref: Head of Rewards Management
Disclaimer Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted